WeÂ are all really excited to have a school blog site and the opportunity to share our learning. Itâ€™s very important that we keep the blog a safe and secure place to work.
Internet safety is of utmost importance to us. Through blogging, we have the opportunity to learn about appropriate online behaviours in an authentic and supervised setting.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging:
- Only use your first name when commenting or posting to a blog.
- NEVER write any personal details on a blog (surname, date of birth, email address, phone number, address must be kept private)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as â€œBobâ€™s Mumâ€ or â€œTanyaâ€™s fatherâ€.
- Do not post photos from or links to other websites without permission from your class teacher.
- All posts and comments will be checked byÂ your class teacherÂ before they are published to the blog.
- Always show respect towards other peopleâ€™s work â€“ be positive if you are going comment. Why not try usingÂ Two Stars and a WishÂ like we do in school? Thatâ€™s two things you really like about their work and one thing that you wish they would do next time to make it even better.
- No text talk. Please write in full sentences and use proper punctuation. If you use text talk your post/blog will not be authorised!
- Make sure you double check your comments carefully for spelling mistakes and ensure that your work makes sense before submitting.
- Remember to tag every post with your log on name and other tags to identify your post e.g 14AnnaG, DL Team, Technology
- Everyone at West Thornton Primary Academy will stick to these guidelines.